Old 11-23-2009, 03:36 PM
mpspeedy

I have a Bernina Deco 650. It only sews out a 4 inch motif but uses the pes. format type of patterns. They are the ones also sold by many other machine dealers and Nancy's Notions, Martha Stewart etc. The Brother company had the original patten on the embroidery machine so the Deco 350 and 600 are basically Brother machines and use the same software. They probably don't sell them new anymore but a dealer might have a used one that they would warrenty. I like it because all it does is embroidry. I don't like the combination machines. I have the Deco, a serger and a Bernina 1260. I can use all three sewing machines on the same project at the same time without having to change feet, plates or thread. I found out that I can not use a stitch regulator because I move to fast. My idenity as mpspeedy is my personality in everything. My Bernia dealer had the new $12,000 top of the line machine set up in her shop. She wanted me to try it on the longarm frame. They laughed at me because I kept getting ahead of the stitch regulator. Years ago I worked for her. She sells Berninas but makes her bread and butter doing alterations and custom dressmaking. She used to walk past me at my machine and push the half speed button. I have always sewed to fast.
I have a fortune tied up in embroidery software. Make sure the machine you choose is one that can accept the most different formats.