View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 03:49 PM
mpspeedy

Ladies, My little group of quilters at the Senior Center have a problem. We took the finished raffle quilt off of the frame and there were two different bloodstains on the back. Two different people bleed on it that we know of. At the time it happened we had them work on the spots with their spit and the blood came off of the top. We didn't think to look under the frame to see if the stain went clear through the top, batting and backing. One of the ladies worked at the stain with more spit today. She was partially able to remove the stain. The other lady is now in a nursing home and we don't have access to her. The older ladies insist on basting the quilts we work on with straight pins. I am on warfrin and so are several of the other ladies. I know if I get stuck I bleed like a stuck pig. I tried to talk them into using safety pins but they won't budge.
Any suggestions on how to remove the stains. I am thinking peroxide to begin with or a possibly a weak bleach solution. If we cant remove the stains the label will have more company. We may have to applique somthing over the spots.