View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 12:08 AM
blueheavenfla

I just purchased a 6 or 7 decorated drawer cabinet and 27 pheasant machine with reasonably good decals and a full puzzle box for $25. It will need Glen's restoration and cleaning techniques but seems otherwise sound. I will get a new belt for it but it has the shuttle, a bobbin or 2 and original manual. I think that if you haven't already purchased the machine that you may want to wait until a less expensive one comes along.
Originally Posted by brunswickgirl View Post
Attached are pics of a Model 27-4 dated 1905.

it has been in the same family all this time and in a climate controlled environment. She is asking $300 for the machine and cabinet. I think that that is a little high was thinking of offering $150.00, it is a local pick up do no shipping charges.

I am asking for your advise because I am fairly new to collecting, have only bought 7 since March!!! Everytime my hubby leaves town, now that I am mostly retired, I go out to estate sales, have been having a Blast.

Anyway what do you think? I am really struggling with this because I have been looking for this machine for about a year and this is the best looking one I have found for the age. It is one that I plan to keep and use and it is the same model I learned to sew on, so I have some emotion involved that may be clouding my reality.

Thank you in advance for any input.