View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 04:23 AM
nancia

AAAAAAYYYYYIIIII!!!!! you didn't tell me all that!! don't you have my e-mail? don't we 'talk'?? omg, omg,omg!! why doesn't my dh ever do that stuff- oh, yeah, because i get it bought before he can. well. i doubt he would anyway! but stars to the big m!! no, no, emma, i wasn't suggesting an affair! you can see why not! i was just saying fabric is temporary because you use it and then it is given away. your sewing machine is with you for awhile. at least a year. or longer. mine is already a year old and now that my car is fixed i can take it in for it's yearly check-up. i'm only about 12 yrs past due on mine.lol, but i need more than a cleaning and some oil! i get to see drs all the time.
i'm getting ready for our dallas trip. will meet a couple of friends while i'm there! i just love this board! i have been working on a quilt and had thought about giving it away. it's been on the design wall in our family room for a few days. last night dh said, "you know, i like that quilt. i like the colors and the brightness and the way it looks in this room. i think we should keep it." so, now i have to make a new gift for the person who was going to get it. just as well. i like it , too. lol. kinda fun to make something that stays home!
stayed up last night and sewed. i have one more swap to complete. i still haven't found my camera. i'm running out of hiding places that i haven't looked in. i also made a pillowcase last night. will make the matching one sometime today. then i really need to make my dgd's minnie mouse dress. optional things are mug rugs and a table runner-- more hostess gifts. easier to pick up a bottle of wine, or a six pack. not as lasting, tho'.
last night i also tore my bicep, again. this has been going on for more than a year! i am so tired of it. it just gets feeling better and then wham, i pick something up. or pull something toward me. last night i emptied the dishwasher. doesn't sound dangerous , does it? so i'm starting to feel the pain stuff start to work. yay! wouldn't you know, the bicep is in one of the arms connected to one of the hands i use to type, and somehow, the fingers in that hand are connected too. and the knee bone's connected to the thigh bone, and the thigh bone's connected to the hip bone....
and all that is connected to the money bone. under no circumstances will i be able to leave dallas without buying fabric. my ddil is deciding on a quilt design and fabric while i am there, and i'm pretty sure it will be my treat. well, she did give birth to my dgd, afterall. and she does feed my son, and do his laundry and stuff. probably a good investment! and there may be some regional fabrics that they don't stock in pa. so...... just look for me by the side of the road where the wagon went by. wagons, ho!!