View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 01:08 PM
starshine

I like sender's choice for at least once a year. I like having themes that have universal appeal like fall colors, winter, spring, flowers, batiks, etc. But I like a challenge of something different too. And I like the idea of being it one that isn't what you would normally have as it opens us up and challenges us to find ways to use fabrics that we wouldn't normally choose. You can make something for someone else out of it if you don't like it but I think these things help expand our creative flow.

MaryMo if I understand your comment you are suggesting that the sender will pick their own theme for what they send for expample one might have flowers and s/he would send all fq with flowers; someone else may pick a color and whatever color they pick send that. Am I understanding this correctly?
That could work but sometimes it's nice to not have any restrictions at all.
So maybe a,,,
Wild and crazy-anything goes fq swap

someone's ugly fabric could be someone else's treasure. That month could be themed "What was I thinking"

Maybe TOYS,

Maybe a month of my favorite things-this could also be a sender's choice theme.

Trip memories -could be one trip or several combined.

FQs that are related to Favorite Movie, TV show, or Book. (Yes favorite things spurred this idea)-
[ex: if Sounds of Music was a fav. movie fabrics could include Pincone print, mountains, lake, guitar, small white flowers, puppets, children playing or singing, cotton fabric that looks like a drapery print, anything mentioned in my favorite things song, musical scales & notes. Favorite show example MASH could be army camouflage, medical types, jeeps, tents, dresses. etc. NCIS could be computers, naval things, ships, coffee cups, elevators (hehe), etc. ]

Most recent movie or book

Or Brenda could list her favorite story, tv show, movie, book and we could try to find five things that fit.

Maybe October or November could be Harvest and fruits and veggies would fit that.

Animals-in general or in particular such as pets, farm type, wild or jungle.

Drapery theme(yes another S of Music inspiration) FQs that look like they could be drapery fabric.

Music and musical instruments

"my favorite color(s)" Colors that you love

Ok I'm going to take a break now- and maybe if there is a challenging type of theme it would be good to get a few months notice that month_____ is going to be ________.

Last edited by starshine; 07-21-2013 at 01:16 PM. Reason: additional comment