Old 07-21-2013, 09:29 PM
ArchaicArcane

Default Traded to something not vintage, I'm pretty happy with my trade...

Early last week, a lady contacted me about a machine that I had for sale in the local buy and sell.
She said she loved it, and wanted possibly a couple of machines I had to do up a display wall in her quilting studio.

While talking to her, she mentioned that she had a B-Line King sized Frame and a Juki TL-98Q that she was going to sell (She's just received a gorgeous computerized Pfaff Mid Arm with a frame.). She bought the frame and machine about 5 years ago, but had some health problems and didn't even finish the original quilt on it. It still has the original needle in it! She told me what she thought it was worth, and a quick Google said her price was more than fair, if a little out of my budget, but a heck of a deal anyway. OK, a lot of out of my budget, but I’m selling machines slowly. I figured if she took a few machines, I'd find the money somehow to pay the remaining amount.

Well she came by Wednesday to look at machines. She picked out a ton of machines and she wants me to find her a 221. She picked out enough machines that no cash needs to leave either of our hands.

The frame and Juki came home on Thursday, after I tried it out of course, and immediately bonded with it.

Turns out I'm missing the plastic runners for the 7ft and 12ft configuration, so it's setup in the 10ft configuration at the moment, but as soon as she finds them, or I figure out where to get them from, I'll be shrinking that frame so DHs chair doesn't have to sit 2 feet in front of the wood stove anymore. I told him he'd probably love it in the winter,... built in bun warmer... He's the one who insisted that it be set up upstairs. He said that I wouldn't use it if it's in the basement. Of course not. There are spiders in the basement. I don't do spiders.

Today, I finished the setup, and I hope to have no distractions tomorrow and just time to bond more with the machine.

Here it is with my ridiculously small practice project on it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]425164[/ATTACH]

eta: What the ?? It looks like the curtains got mixed up with another set... they're not usually mismatched,.. I think.
Attached Thumbnails img_0676.jpg  

Last edited by ArchaicArcane; 07-21-2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Fixed photo