Old 07-22-2013, 09:26 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Daylesewblessed View Post
Beautiful!
My Pfaff 130 is in a cabinet with mid-century modern handles, but not nearly as nice condition as yours.
I recall a few visits to the farm by a sewing machine repair whose shop was about 40 miles away. My mother would be so upset, because whatever problem she was having wouldn't show up much while he was there, and it seemed like a wasted trip. She and dad would usually be able to fix most of the problems.
Dayle
Isn't that the way it always works? I can't count the number of times I've had clients (I'm in IT) say well, "it wasn't working til you got here... " I can't tell you how many times my car's done that. DH and I fix most of what goes wrong on the car, but it likes to play games sometimes. Will only misbehave for one of us, not both.

I guess I was just surprised that the machine would be built into the cabinet like that in a machine built in the 1950s. I thought that the day of the sewing machine house call was less common then, but I was wrong. In truth, the people who ran the Singer store here til last year still made some house calls, to the seniors especially. They would take the machine back to the shop though and then bring it back finished.