View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 06:50 AM
nancia

distance is one of the hardest to solve problems we have. on board we can talk to each other like we are next door neighbors, when we could be in separate countries or across the continent from each other. it would be so much fun to get together and usually way too difficult or expensive to actually do it. i'm going to hershey (i think) with dh, most likely on the week end, about a 2 hr drive. i'll be going past my quilty friend sue's house (about 1.5 hrs from home). pennsylvania is a big state, not as large as texas, but it was rare for me to travel 2 hrs or more to see a friend in texas. speaking of texas, i will be there from july 30th thru aug 27th and have already made plans to meet with some qb'ers while there. looking forward to it big time! back to pa., sue and i try to get together once a week, but it stretches out to 2 or 3 weeks between visits sometimes. we have so much fun! talking a mile a minute! yes, we get more talking done than sewing, but it's worth it! we had a slumber party with another quilter and had a blast! those parties are more fun with wine instead of kool-aide! just one glass, no drunkeness, too much equipment that would be unsafe under the influence. but just relaxing! then saturday we headed to the pa. dutch country (quite close( and did some looking and a little buying-- i bought itty bitty doll buttons, and the 99cent/yd fleece for dog beds, which i don't think falls under the moratorium. unfortunately, sue and sunnie found burkholders and that could be a whole 'nother story! batiks for less than $9/yd. and hundreds, if not into the 1000's to choose from! yikes!! that will have to wait for september or october for me! see, that's another place where it would be fun to meet!