View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 11:23 AM
Rosyhf

Ok, I have 98 percent of it on the board. I say this because I have a few patches left and so far the quilt will be about 52x62 with the patches as it stands now. I would like a bit bigger and the few I have left will make it at least 60x60.So far there are 525 patches on the board. It was getting real old putting all those patches up lol.

I got a little disheartened when I started to sew an area together last night. The two rows that I had done some days ago went so easy. I went to bed. This morning I went to my Gym class, had lunch and then changed machines. I was sewing on my Bernina Record. I switched to my brother which has an automatic scissor in it and I don't know if that made the difference but it started to go along very nicely and I am happy again lol.

It is real easy to make a mistake because of the different positions of the buildings. I had to rip twice and I hope no more lol. I took down six across and six down and I think that is a safe amount because you can see the design easier with a few. This quilt will take a lot of patience and time and thank God, I have both lol.

Here is the quilt with all the patches so far and some isolated close up of the buildings, notice Lincoln? He looks good in this quilt. On the top left is the section I sew together.
Attached Thumbnails dsc00001.jpg   dsc00002.jpg   dsc00003.jpg   dsc00004.jpg