View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 05:48 AM
QBeth

I met my significant other at the age of 55. Before then, I was the aunt who always remembered Christmas, the sister who remembered birthdays, and the daughter who made sure my parents had what they needed. Happy to do it but it would have been nice to be remembered ocassionally.

My turn now. I don't care how big or small, how expensive or cheap, or how needed, I WANT A PRESENT! And, I insist on getting him something despite his usual reply of "nothing." I waited tooooo long to meet someone, to not do the full-press relationship thing now!

When we exchange presents, the world will still turn, family will still be remembered, the Humane Society will still get donations, Angel Tree tickets will be filled gladly, ....

One last thing, as I sit here conversing... although not government employed, I work with the Air Force. One of the airmen just stopped by on his rounds of handing out Happy Thanksgiving cards to everyone. Totally unexpected. Totally sweet! Just in case you don't know any military, they are the best this country has to offer! I've worked with them for over thirty years and they always amaze me. God bless them all!