Old 07-24-2013, 03:44 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Yes getting that time of year--had sweet corn for dinner today as well as fresh bratwurst from the hog we had butchered. My mom always cut the corn off without blanching, then cooked in milk in the oven for a short time before it headed to the freezer. I blanch, cut, bag and throw it into the freezer. I think varieties are sweeter--sometimes don't even add butter, salt or milk during cooking. Had to check freezer accommodations as we also have a beef at the locker and DIL has 4 turkeys to butcher in the next couple of weeks. The 3 freezers will be packed. Missouri or S Illinois peaches are the ones I favor here. Seems the others we get are mealy and not as sweet and juicy as those are.

Love the block, Janie--a great pick of colors and block, Jan

GD#2 and I spent the morning sewing. This afternoon spent with her cousins while I took a nap! She has a couple of things left on her pillowcase and she can take it home with her tomorrow as a 4-H exhibit.

QBuddy and I going on a small shop hop tomorrow--it's a "ME" day!

Oh a clean clubhouse--great Carrie. What a fun outfit for DD! I see and airplane-how's that quilt coming?

Last edited by oksewglad; 07-24-2013 at 03:51 PM.