View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 06:57 AM
grammatjr

This is an interesting thread.......I too am a CSI fan, but you know, the characters in the show that say the innocent things like "wrap them in an old carpet and take a baseball bat to them" are the first suspects they pursue when something happens! Better be careful! LOL

Do you think any of these will also work on a quilt that the blood has dried, and you didn't notice until after it was washed and dried?

A year or so ago, my Mom had an accident on her way to my house, I came into the living room to see her sitting on 3 lap quilts that were on the couch, blood pouring. After we got home from the hospital hours later, I looked them over, and thought they had excaped damage. Guess that shows that you shouldn't look at things at 3 in the morning, in the semi-darkness of a sleeping house!

In the mean time they were used, washed and dried. Much later, I saw a few small spots on one of the quilts. I am tempted just to put some appliques here and there on the quilt (it is a bargello).

Oh, and for the dear lady who has thin skin that tears easily, I wonder if you could have her wear gloves (if they wouldn't tear her skin worse)?