Old 07-24-2013, 06:56 PM
kay carlson

Default Becoming more selective in my projects Win Win Win

Today, I delivered flannel fabric to my quilting sisters at our weekly luncheon. My decision to no longer use up scraps of flannel for quilts has freed me to go in a different direction.

Being a scrap quilter and having squares of flannel on hand, I had used up most of the squares in the blocks that my friend is sewing together for quilt tops for children. She will use some of the stash flannel for borders and has enough flannel for backings. I announced boldly that I was out of the business of constructing flannel quilts. The gals could look through the odds and ends and I would deliver anything left over to St. Vincent de Paul that afternoon.

My flannel projects in the future will be limited to burp cloths, which are in high demand.

There are just too many other projects that I want to pursue with regular quilter's cotton.

Having grown up being resourceful (Mama's terminology) the flannel stash was weighing me down. It has been passed forward for charity quilting and I feel as though a ton of weight has been removed from my shoulders!!!
I'll never miss that Rubbermaid tote of flannel and have freed up creative space for my own enjoyment.

Now, I wonder what took me so long to reach this decision and take action?!