Old 11-24-2009, 07:08 AM
grammatjr

My most memorable gift was not "goofy" really, but I couldn't help but chime in becuase it was quite funny. It was from my brother who was 5 at the time. I was 13 and had just had my ears pierced. I opened the box, and inside was a greasy, broken metal washer of some sort. You could tell it had been out in the street, and run over several times. It had bits of grit on it, and was broken so that it was more like a C shape than an O shape. After whispering to everyone in the house "do you know what this is?", and receiving a negative answer from all, I finally decided to ask my brother. His answer was so sweet that I kept that gift in my jewelry box (until just a few years ago, the box got lost in a move, it broke my heart). So, what was that gift? A nose ring of course! He knew I had rings for my fingers, and wore necklaces and bracelets, and now I had lots of earrings for my newly pierced ears - but I did not own one single nose ring! I still count it as the most thoughtful gift I have ever been given.