View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 12:46 AM
Groovy Pieces

Hello My Tacoma Sister . . . . !

Although I reside in Charlotte, NC, I go home 1 - 2 times a year. Try Calico Threads on Pearl Street(Pearl & N.26th shopping center). It's a new shop that just opened early this year. I thought it was quite nice & cozy. They have a sewing lounge & you don't have to take your machine - you can use one of theirs; in fact the only thing you have to take with you is your project. My Mom told me about the shop & had a coupon in the Tacoma flyers for "buy 2 FQs, get 1 free" as an opening promotion. Since they are still new, you might get lucky to get a coupon & make some friends during open sewing; and the staff is quite nice. My annual pilgrimage home is in April. Hopefully we can keep in touch & meet in April at the sewing lounge when I come home.

On my next trip home, I plan to join a guild & follow at a distance. If you are able, check out St Ann "Sew-shul" Club & Quilters By The Bay - these two are in Tacoma & if you can, reach out to Puyallup (which you know is just 20 minutes down I-5), the Puyallup Valley Quilters.

Let me know how fare. I hope this is encouraging for you . . . . GP