Old 07-25-2013, 04:34 AM
Gannyrosie

Never saw Marti Mitchell but will look her up. So far it seems like a no brainer. Not much time to work on it yesterday, had grandkids all day. There was another method I want to try and it's in sections that I saw on Sewing with Nancy. If I remember right, after one section is done and quilted you put the next section on. The quilt top is laid right sides together ( the new section top on top of the quilted section) then the batting and quilt back on put on the top of the back sided of the quilted top with the backings right sides together. So you now would have 6 layers to sew together and then bring the new section over and start quilting. I may have not said this all right, but when I first encountered quilt as you go, that was the first one I ever saw. I just don't have patterns to go by when making the tops, so my tops will be whole and not in sections. ( not that i have never used patterns, I just design my quilts as I go). will take a pic on next section to show you quilt addict. may be this weekend.