View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 05:07 AM
Bneighbor

Long time ago there was a show call "Queen for a Day". They would have several wives that were contestants. The idea was the host told the story of the guests lives. These were "sob stories" about their lives...how hard they worked, the pains and illnesses of the family, her dedication (subissiveness), etc. The stories were just heartbreaking and always a tear-jerker. The panel of judges would question the wives the based on their sob-story and their individual answers, the judges would award them with glorious prizes...washer and dryers (new in that era), vacuum cleaners, irons, fantastic household appliances to make their lives easier (! Give them a vacation from housework, not something to do more with!). anyway, I want "Quilter for a Day". My sob-story...my room is always a mess, my laundry and house work is building up, my quarter inch seam is illusive, etc. My "prizes"? A professional organizer to design my room. A world-win tour of fabulous quilt stores, a credit card with unlimited spending, the used of any kind of machine I wanted, first pick of every line of fabric before it hits the stores. You name your prize. I want it all!
I want to be contestant number one...I tearfully submit my sob-story for your consideration.