View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 05:36 AM
mtnma52

I have been going through my scraps and had them piled on the cutting table. My daughter came in, looked at it then gave me the mommy stare and said "It looks like some of your finished quilts snuck in and vomited on your table". That said, I have since finished 3 queen sized tops with probably enough to finish 3 more of just the scraps that have been left over from all the quilts I have made in the past 3 (yes I said 3) years. I currently have 8 quilt tops ready for the long arm (waiting on $ for batting & backing-going back to work next month) and 14 boxes of quilts (queen) in process, 6 tubs of fabric, divider drawers full of fabric... I can relate. I have about 8 queen quilts finished here. Now all the quilts have been made for "the bucket list". Each sibling, niece, nephew, daughter, grandchild will each get a queen sized quilt. There is 78 total to be made (69 done). Now anyone that sends me an invitation to a wedding, graduation etc. gets a quilt even if they have already rec'd one. Quite a few of this bucket 78 group have more than one quilt and now the children of the nieces and nephews have got this figured out to send auntie an invite. With grandchildren growing into adults, great grandkids are likely to start arriving. They might not use their queen-sized for years, but they will have them before I am gone to quilter's heaven. That's how I dispose of quilts~