View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 06:31 AM
Jratcliff

Originally Posted by BJayne View Post
Do you use the same thread in the bobbin that you use on top? I have just purchased a Singer Quarter SEQS-6000 and am trying to learn how to use it, at this point I am very confused.
It really depends on the project for me. I am currently working on burp pads for two babies yet to arrive. I want the embroidery to be rather soft and to "stand up" on the flannel so I'm using bobbin embroidery thread on the back and a water soluble stabilizer on the top. I am not convinced that it really looks any different if I don't do that, however the lady at the shop said that the embroidery bobbin thread is finer and doesn't pull the top thread to the back quite as much. I am also working on clothing labels so I do use the bobbin embroidery thread or the clear nylon thread. Also very fine and seems to work very well. On other stuff like the quilt I'm doing, I tend to go to regular sewing thread that I've got left over from other projects. No one will see it, it doesn't go to waste, and I'm not thinking about the added expense of specialty threads. Keep in mind, I am not a professional embroiderer and definitely not a purist by any means. I just do this for pleasure. Jane