View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 07:21 AM
ArizonaKAT

Default Almost lost my mind!

My GD has joined one of the friendship booms and is making me crazy. She has her own machine but has been using my 201 because she likes the way it sews . . . and getting in my way constantly.

I went to use the 201 last night and the feed dogs were down. Now, how did that happen? So I unscrewed the little screw underneath and pushed the dogs up. They wouldn't stay up far enough. Now I'm really mad. I just knew she did something.

So I get my trusty screwdriver out. And, of course, the plate screws were stuck. Finally got them unscrewed after trying a multiple of different screwdrivers.

Wow, what a dust bunny haven! There was built up fuzz under the feed dogs. So off to find the tiny screwdriver. Finally got that all cleaned up and put back together but the dogs still wouldn't go up far enough.

Now I'm really, really mad. My 201 is my go to machine. My other 201 is in pieces on the work table. My 401 is down with bad timing. My 99 needs the little wire fixed on the tension (which by the way the book says it should come apart by pushing the knob in and turning. Ha). Now I'm down to my FW and 15-90 . . . but I love my 201.

So, I'm back under the machine with the screw and I just manhandle the thing and push the bar around a little and wha la! The feed dogs are back and working better than ever!

Life is good.

Moral of this story is . . . KAT clean your machine once in a while.

My GD is back on her own machine.