Old 07-25-2013, 10:41 AM
leaha

My room is about 18X22, center of west wall has gas fireplace, area rug in front of it with love seat sofa to one side and TV stereo system on the other side. Coffee table which I use for lap top. next to this I have a big desk and a table which I have 3 of my Pfaff 7570's kinda in the center of the room.
North wall:french doors, (wood) going down one step into living room, in the almost center of that wall, butcher block counter high cutting table to one side. storage one the other side for fabric and quilting books.
East wall: huge window in the center of this wall, and all along the 22 feet long wall are old singer cast iron bases with Oak tops for 5 of my FW's, One Pfaff 7570 in desk at the end of the row.
South wall: window at one end of wall and glass french doors at the other end of the wall. Nolting mid arm comes out from this wall which has design wall between the window and doors.
At the end of the south wall and along the west wall in that corner is a 5 shelf metal storage unit for batting and backing fabric. I have a 3 panel folding screen I can move to hide much of it from the rest of the room.
Above sewing machines along the walls I have 3 cubby storage units with canvas baskets for fabric. 7 units. and then rolling 6 drawer units, from Ikea in between sewing machines, 4 of them. Book shelves going down the hall for fabric and quilting books and mags.
Ceiling fans and lights, track lights, the one I do Not have that would have been great is outlets at table top height. I have to get down low to plug in any thing, not so good at my age.
My room works for me, in the year that I have been here I think I have moved every thing around at least once a month, so nice to have movable units. I think I have finally found the arrangement I like best. It may take you time to find what works best for you, so only thing I would suggest is to have easy to move. Lots of good light, ( I have Ott light at each machine) comfortable sewing chair, and easy chair for hand work, (I have love seat sofa so in the winter I can put my feet up under a quilt and be nice and cozy) I have fun things around that make me happy just to look at them, I want my room to be my happy place. How ever you do your room enjoy it and have fun!