View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 05:45 AM
nanna-up-north

I feel guilty posting my 1st UFO of the year. I said back in March that I wanted to join this group because I have a few UFOs that I want to get finished this year. But, finishing therapy for a broken arm and getting cortisone shots for the basal joint arthritis slowed me down. And, we've had a lot of company this year at the cabin. Everyone wants to visit when you live at lake in the summer..... can't get much done when I'm cooking and fishing with guests.

Anyway, this quilt is one of 2 matching twin sized quilts for the guest room. I bought all this cabin-like fabric when we bought this place 8 years ago.... didn't know what I wanted to do with it but it had to be for the cabin. Then, 5 years ago, a neighbor wanted to do this class where you take 9 FQs and slash, turn and stitch. Now I had 9 blocks a little less than FQ size. It took me a long time to decide to put them together with the cheater fabric to make this quilt. And, I have the other top done.... just waiting till the next wave of company leaves so I can sandwich, quilt, and finish that one. Hopefully, it won't take very long (about a week just doing the quilting).

So guilty, or not, I'm posting this one. It feels SO GOOD to have this one finished..... broke the ice.... now to just keep going.
Attached Thumbnails 01.jpg   02.jpg   03.jpg   04.jpg