View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 03:00 PM
ArchaicArcane

I'd be really curious to know the bobbin case part number on that machine. While also not common, it's nice to have yet another model to source parts from for a chain stitcher...

That guide is the only way I know of to visually identify one of these particular types of chain stitchers (assuming it is basically the 431G on a diet). The T&S chainers had that guide, but it was removable, and usually in the accessory box, or the heat register on the floor behind the machine or something

I would have thought Stylist, instead of touch and sew, myself, but I mix the two up. I usually like the build quality of the Stylists marginally better than the T&S. The case is weird, it's not sturdy at all. It's let go of my 431G a couple of times. There's no base to it, it just has 2 fingers to hold the machine. I use it only as a dust cover.

I'm not sure the exact time frame when they back tracked. I've had simple stylists, simple T&S and other machines here. A 7174 comes to mind, plus the 514, 457, all of them are incredibly basic compared to the 401 / 500 style machines.