View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 03:46 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Tammi, The table runner is very lovely with the quilted leaves. I also like the bear fabric that you used for the FW liner.
Thanks VM. I saw that fabric and just knew what I was doing with it. I think something about the little FWs just screams "I need to be wrapped in cute fabric".

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Tammi, great job on the table runner and the case for your FW! I also have a Pfaff 6122, Jeans and Satin machine. I think that is a 1980ish - or later machine - not really sure! Anyway, the case is really nice, but I'm not sure I'd want to add a place for scissors and such. When that section is dropped down, it'd be great, but I'd be afraid of scratching the machine when it is all up and together around your FW? I especially like the slip cover for the bed of the machine! When that bed is up I always put a piece of fabric there to keep from hitting that thumb screw and scratching the bed - what a great idea! Did you design that cover? If you did, you could sell that pattern!

Nancy
I thought it had more plastic inside than I would have expected for 80s Pfaff. My guess on the Pfaff was actually about '96, only because of something cryptic in the part number of the manual, but you could be right. That said, I love the machine. What do you suppose the difference is between the 6122 Jeans and Satin you have and the 6122 Stretch and Jeans I have here?

My thought on the pocket was somewhere to store things when I was "all set up", I would never leave the scissors especially in there during transport. I feel bad enough when I open the case and find her pedal sitting on her arm.

The other thing I've done, I think I saw it on eBay or something once, is put a little rubber bumper on the screw that hits the bed. It's basically the ones you get with the cupboards at IKEA, so the cupboards "thump" closed instead of "Bang". But the FWs seem to like to snuggle in their liners.

I did design this, but I wouldn't know how to go about drafting it into a pattern, not a legible one anyway? My patterns (the home made ones) are usually scribbled on brown packing paper then fudged repeatedly til I get them the way I want.