View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Luv2Kreate

Ok here is my problem...I am making quilts for my kiddos for Christmas. I had some charm packs and a jelly roll from the MODA NEPTUNE line. I used the charms to make a quilt center and I am using some of the jelly roll to make another quilt center. I am going to add a 10-inch border around each side of both quilts to make them a good sized lap/tv/travel quilt...we are BIG blanket people! LOL I have the charm center done and now I am stuck. Hubby said I have to wait for a few weeks for more fabric money (he bought a new dragster today)...story for another day! Anyway, I have 2 full black sheets and 2 green black sheets. I have already determined that I don't like the green for the border...the sheets are older and the very lightest of the green colors of the fabric line. I also determined that for the black border with a green binding. So I thought maybe the green on the back and black for the border and binding (not sure I LOVE it though). Then I thought well black border, black back, and black binding (better, but still not sure I LOVE it). I don't know what to do. I do have some left over fabric money that I could buy one of the matching black prints to add as the border. I think the front would look better and give it more visual appeal. Am I just being too picky...OPINIONS please!

Here is the fabric that I would get for the border. This fabric is hard to find so I need to do it quick if that is what I decide to do...

http://www.overrainbow.com/cgi-bin/S...shell_deep_sea

The picture makes the squares look navy, but it really is black and Charcoal grays...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-2784.jpe   attachment-3470.jpe