View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 08:27 AM
Quilter 65

Default Hand Quilting Ideas for this Please

I have been frantically trying to finish this so I can get the completed top to the quilter by August 1. I have to assemble part of it yet. But in contemplating the pattern for the quilter, I think a SID in the star part is appropriate but the seams that radiate out from the center are pressed open, per pattern directions. Will this work?? All others are pressed to the side. Then in the lily blocks, both the three lily and the single blocks, I am stumped. I have thought of echo, crosshatching, a viney thing going up from the foliage of the lily, but don't have a pattern for that. There is to be a border added which will be the cream Shadowplay. I have a feather design for that with possibly straight stitching if it isn't wide enough running perpendicular to the feathers. I have also thought of adding like a 3" border of the cream and then a strip of the colors as a stop border before the wider outside, but haven't decided about that yet. I would surely appreciate any thoughts or inspirations.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]426374[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]426376[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]426378[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]426379[/ATTACH]

All of your creativity inspires me and I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you and have a good weekend.
Attached Thumbnails 100_3326-small-.jpg   100_3327-small-.jpg   100_3328-small-.jpg   100_3329-small-.jpg