View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 03:58 PM
jclinganrey

Default 2013 CRAZY QUILT BLOCK swap

Welcome to the 2013 CRAZY QUILT BLOCK swap!!

Block rules:

Your CQB’s are to be 8 1/2" unfinished, sewn onto muslin. You may use any colors or crazy quilt fabrics (except wool due to possible allergies). Remember - - this is an opportunity to play with fabrics other than cotton. Embellishing and additional embroidery stitching is optional. Each swapper is to make 6 blocks to be swapped. Please include $ $5.95 (or $5.60 - see below) for postage. Any packages without postage will not be swapped.

All skill levels are welcome to participate. Be sure to use a wonderful variety of fabrics. The more, the better! Please do your best work and make something that you would be glad to receive.

Make sure all blocks are labeled with your user name and real name (optional) and that they are, in fact, 8 ½” unfinished. Any blocks that are too small will be returned unswapped. Better to be too big than too small.

Signups are open until Saturday, August 17, 2013. Your CRAZY QUILT BLOCKS need to be completed and in the mail by Saturday, August 31st, 2013. Blocks received after that date will be returned to you unswapped. I will swap them out and get them back in the mail to you by the following week.

PM me to sign up:

Board Name
Real Name
Mailing address
Phone

Mailing and postage:

Please put your blocks in a gallon size ziploc bag for shipping and put your name and address on the outside of the bag. This will protect your hard work in case the postal carrier leaves a package outside. It will also get your package back to you in the event of a mailer malfunction.

In order to keep things simple and efficient, I will return all blocks using USPS flat rate containers.

If your blocks will all fit into a USPS flat rate envelope, remember to include [$5.95 (if you plan to return them using flat rate padded envelopes) or $5.60 (if you plan to use flat rate paper envelopes.)]

If you are swapping more blocks than will fit into the USPS FR Envelope, make sure to include enough postage to cover the cost of returning blocks using the most appropriate size USPS FR container. If I don’t receive sufficient postage, your package will live here until I receive it.

If you sign up, please follow through with commitment and deadline. If you need to drop out let me know ASAP!!! Failure to comply with the rules of this swap will result in a negative feedback posting and possible banning from future swaps.

In addition to the above, please follow all the basic rules, found here.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

BASICS
- six 8 ½” crazy quilt blocks on muslin foundation
- Include $5.95 or 5.60 postage (see above)
- Mail BY SATURDAY, AUGUST 31ST.

Questions? Suggestions? Problems?

PM me any time
Mailing Deadline: August 31st.