Old 07-28-2013, 04:44 AM
cindi

Default What would you want in an app to track expenses for quilts you sell?

I recently downloaded the app "Project Quilt". It's a nice app where you can track your expenses for each quilt you make. You can see it here http://komakode.com/ , just click on "Project Quilt" to see what it can do.

I emailed the developer about adding labor costs to it, as this would make it a perfect sales receipt, or even for those of us who just want to see what we're "giving away" when we gift a quilt to someone. The developer, Karl, and I have been emailing back and forth with ideas to add to make the app sales-applicable, as he hadn't considered this aspect. I told him I'd pose the questions here, to get opinions from actual quilters as to what they want. Here are the questions:

If you were looking for the perfect app to track your expenses and time, what would you want to see? What would you want included?

As far as tracking time, would you want just a single spot to put in your total time, or would you want to be able to track the time for each day? I thought adding a spot for what you did during that time (i.e. setup, piecing, quilting) might be nice, as most non-quilters don't realize the time it actually takes to do these things.

What else would you like to see? A timeclock? The app as-is only allows one picture per quilt. Would you want to be able to add more, i.e. progress pictures?

Karl is VERY interested in updating this app with things that aren't available in any other app. Your ideas would help him create exactly what WE want, not what non-quilters think we want. Be specific. Fire away with your ideas!!

PS: I am in no way connected to this app. I just like it and would like to see it more "quilter-friendly"!

Last edited by cindi; 07-28-2013 at 04:54 AM.