View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 05:38 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Default Out To Pasture -- a Trio!

There's a theme here!

These three (quilt, table topper and runner) will be used this summer at the C.N.E. in a display titled "The Story of Butter". There will be all sorts of antique butter churns, presses, prints, bowls, churns, paddles, a cream separator, cream cans etc. in the display along with signage to tell the story as a self-teaching display about how butter is made. All items will be labelled. Today the process has changed little, mostly an evolution to modern technology and volumes. The quilts are not the focus, but to give a little colour, and to soften the hardness of all the artifacts.

"Out to Pasture" is somewhat evident from the focus fabric ... add to that, I see the Irish Chains being like a fence on the pasture!!

I did straight line quilting through the Irish Chains with a variegated thread. Background quilting for all three was in a solid green thread to blend with the border fabrics. For the quilt't border, I used a loopy-clover design, mostly three, with the odd 4-leafed clover for good luck! A stipple/meander was done on both the smaller table topper and runner. All three are backed with the border print of the quilt.

Thank you for looking!!
.... and if you should come to the C.N.E. this summer, please take a look IRL!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]426570[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]426572[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]426573[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]426574[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]426575[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails outtopasture-12-.jpg   outtopasture-15-.jpg   outtopasture-6-.jpg   outtopasture-5-.jpg   outtopasture-4-.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltE; 07-28-2013 at 05:43 AM.