View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 09:05 AM
hsquiltingmom

Default need help enlarging a pattern

HI everyone,

I am working on a quilt for my daughter for her upcoming wedding. They are getting married in October, so my time is limited. I am using the Timberline pattern from McCall's quilting October 1997. I wish I had a scanner so I could take a picture of the quilt so you could see what it looks like. The original pattern is 56 1/2" x 68 1/2". I am making this to fit on a queen size bed, so I need it 88" x 90". It is made up of a Sawtooth variation and a Star in a Star pattern. It has me make 6 of each. I figured to get the size I need, I need 21 of each of the blocks. Do I just times what it tells me to buy originally by 4 (gives me enough to make 24 blocks which I will use for some pillow shams), and will that give me enough for the blocks?

I can figure out what I need for the borders as I am enlarging them a bit, but I can picture those in my mind.

I don't want to buy a ton of extra fabric, as money is a bit tight right now. I hope someone can answer me soon as I was hoping to be able to take them shopping tomorrow night to choose their fabric.

Thanks