Thread: New to the site
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 02:15 PM
yourstrulyquilts

Hi all. I'm very new to this type forum, but not new to quilting. I found this site in a shop hop and I love it, so thought I would stick around. I live in Oregon, and I can see sister quilters from all over the country! It's exciting! I have been quilting for 13-14 years, and I have worked in two quilt shops. I nearly bankrupted myself with all that lovely fabric! And the Hop got some of my money, too. There is just nothing finer than fabric. Unless it's shoes!
I like 19th Century quilts best, but I have done some very modern patterns, too. I don't like the 30's-maybe because I saw too much of it in the 40's. I like piecing best, but I am doing some applique as well. I also enjoy paper piecing and creating my own patterns. I have a Dear Jane nearly finished and I am hand piecing it and will hand quilt it when I get the top done. I'm 68 and raising a little boy who is 6. My husband and I adopted him ; we have had him since birth. I hope this is ok for an introduction and I hope to be meeting you all in time. :-)