Old 07-28-2013, 04:41 PM
carriem

Jeanie--your PC quilt turned out great! The horseshoes are a great addition to your quilting.

Today I got some more fabric cut for the quilt for my MIL...just a few more squares to cut and I will be ready to start sewing flying geese. I am using the Deb Tucker Wing Clipper ruler. It comes with directions for getting 4 "geese" from one large square and four smaller squares. I will have time to finish cutting and maybe sewing tomorrow..yay!

We have some new neighbors that moved in a few months ago that I haven't officially met yet. I noticed when driving by earlier this week that she was very pregnant and then yesterday saw blue and yellow balloons on the mailbox, so am guess their baby arrived. I decided to make a baby quilt, DD said she would make a meal and we will go introduce ourselves later this week. I found scraps a friend had given me and some of mine to make a nice little flannel quilt...just need to get something for the inner border and backing. I'll share pictures after I get it done. DD wants to introduce herself so they know there is a babysitter living down the road or "mother's helper" if she needs some help around the house while adjusting to the new baby.