View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Judith1005

Yes, I am a collector, shop/binge fabric buyer, HOARDER. I have donated to charity twice. (Big moves! I could only take what I could bring in my car.) Excess fabric had to go. And, this last time I reduced, I saved money from my pay checks and have mailed about 30 lbs of fabric to a fellow QB'r that could really use the fabric.

I probably still have more then I NEED. And still want to get one more box out to this same person. But, I definitely have enough to play with for awhile.

The shame of it, I really regretted passing on very little of it. (Only a piece or two.) I wasted money on fabric that I had outgrown (taste changed). Too many focus fabrics. My new mantra, I will not buy anymore focus fabrics!

I was overwhelmed by my stash. It made it hard to go pick out fabrics for a particular project. Too many choices. Plus, I found that I'm really a scrappy quilter with a bit more modern flare. (Or at least I think so.) I'm still relatively new to the quilting way of life.

I am really trying to police my purchases from now on. And really only buy the amount of yardage I need. I really love working predominately with scraps. (I'm thinking that charm squares are my new best friend.) I also love fat quarters.

But, for now, I really don't need to buy much fabric. I will use all the beautiful fabrics that I really love and saved for myself to play with and make some of the quilts on my wish list.