View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 07:16 PM
MothrNatr

I attended Hershey on Thursday and Friday. I went by myself and started with the quilts. They were very beautiful, but the ones that I really liked were the ones that were done by the children. I also thought that it was interesting that many were quilted on a home sewing machine instead of a long arm. I spent the rest of the day with the vendors. I was looking for a 6 1/2 x12 1/2 ruler because it was part of the class list for my Friday class (turns out I didn't need it and I didn't like it that well) I like the Omnigrids and it was a Creative Grid. I bought a silicone overlay for my machine that I saw demo'd but after the ladies I met at lunch talked about how great it was, I decided to buy one. I bought a pattern and stabilizers for those fabric leaf 'bowls' and a few fat quarters. I ended up buying a 2 yd piece of Kaufman's Effervescence because the fabric just caught my eye and I have never seen it before. I took a class and had a 2 hour break for lunch. I looked at all the great books that Dover had but didn't buy any. I had fun!