Old 07-29-2013, 05:49 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

[h=5]http://www.modabakeshop.com/<wbr>2013/07/<wbr>moda-bake-shop-basics-perfect-p<wbr>ressing.html [/h]
Site comes from facebook Michele Foster's latest hint in A4A. I also watched a video presented by Patrick Loser (picked up on the site from a hint on QB) on binding tips and used it on my Pansy Passion throw...it worked!! He sews down until he hits that seam allowance line point before turning the corner....then he sews directly down to the point on a 45 degree angle. Then starts the next side's seam on the seam allowance again, until he hits the next corner, again pivots the piece with needle down, sews to the corner from the seam allowance point...making the 45 degree couple or three stitches to the corner. He carefully unfolds that corner and trims that extra little angle 'ear', taking out the 'heavy' feeling in the corner. (The latter I am still figuring out)

Janie, what a priceless piece of memories! Well done. Still have some embroidery work with the days of the week and tasks for each day. Aunt Martha patterns featured many of them. And the way you set them together is priceless in a look-like flour sack fabric.

Maybe I will start the A4A today. Peaches are too green to work up. Or I can (sigh) do house work and clean up my quilting stuff that has spilled over into the living room. Doing laundry. Isn't that what it says on the old fashioned towels????? Thank goodness for modern way of pushing buttons. Celebrate the day!! Its cool here.