Old 07-29-2013, 07:16 AM
JanieW

thanks for all the kind words about my "chores" wall hanging. It measures about 37 x 28. Each section is done separately and the backing is brought around to make the narrow border. It was so fun to do as I love the hand work the best. The edges are raw so that wouldn't work in a real quilt, I don't think.

If anyone would like the pattern I am happy to share it now that I am finally finished with it.

I will be thinking of you and Bram tomorrow, Anael.

I am going to work on my August block and then I have to make some drawstring bags for my 3 grandkids . I am slowly , slowly, getting my second Pony Club flimsy put together.

Ggal, my qayg project is using up a bunch of orphan blocks that have been haunting me. I decided to try the method where you just quilt the block and the batting, then sew them together then sitd between the rows onto a backing. I have never done that method, am really liking it so far . It's a great way to practise that FMQ that I am determined to master. The only downside is that the bobbin area/feed dogs get super fluffy really quickly, because there is no barrier from the batting. I am really enjoying doing it and those poor blocks will make a very unique utility quilt come January when it's -30.