Old 07-29-2013, 07:41 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

JeanieG ... a perfect fabric ... almost plain, with just a little action in it! How long will it take before you have it and can get back in the saddle? My tea towels were not flour sacks,but yardage my Mom bought and hemmed up. Far nicer towels than any of the store bought tea towels, size and fabric.

More Memories Anyone? ... Another set we did were sayings ... Sly as a Fox, Quiet as a Mouse, Quick as a Rabbit, and I forget what else.

And all this talk about the days of the week and their tasks, reminds me of the Menn/Amish community nearby. They still have their task days. Monday is laundry. Wednesday is market. Sunday church and visiting. And I forget what the hobs are for the other days!

QNSue ... interesting .. I think I get what you are saying, and will only know, once I try it IRL. I have some mug rugs waiting for binding, and this will be a good way to give 'er a try!

Anael ... Oh oh ... camera problems are not good. I've been having some too. For some reason, why I download the pics, they are not staying on the camera. Yet, I am doing nothing different than before. I like to keep some on there, to show to others at times.

JanieW ... I smile each time I look back at your Chores Quilt. Hopefully you are putting it somewhere prominent so you can enjoy it too. You're getting lots of sewing done these days. I've been doing practice blocks too, but just squares cut and sandwiched, then will do QAYG to join them with sashings. I do have some orphans that I should dig out and use in the same way too. Thanks for the reminder!

Fluff Cleaning ... as JanieW reminded us, our machines do get filled up fast! Has anyone found a little vacuum with good suction to clean it out? I have an assortment of brushes that I have been using, though sometimes I feel like I am just pushing it around, and not always getting it out.

Also for machine cleaning, I recently bought some alcohol swabs for extra cleaning in some areas. Plus they help with the sticky needle syndrome when you get 505 build up on a needle!

Til Later, Ladies!
Have a grrrrrrrrrreat day!

Last edited by QuiltE; 07-29-2013 at 07:44 AM.