Old 07-29-2013, 08:22 AM
Honchey

QuiltE, I have 2 more Thursday Friday & Saturday"s to work...then I'm done until October...My co-worker wants to visit her sister in NC again....The little Singer 237 moves ok it just has a hard spot when turning...I will clean her all up and oil & work the hard spot into oblivion...it should run smoothly after all that...it's gear driven so no belts underneath to worry about...I have quite a few of the old Singer's... and a couple of others...I get them working again..there's only 2 that need electrical rewiring..I'm not too sure I can tackle that kind of work...I found a green Singer 185 in the annual trash pick-up...it cleaned up real nice & it also sews beautiful....My BIL made a wooden base for it....I don't like to use kerosene to clean them up with...I just use sewing machine oil & elbow grease....
My Cp has been giving me problems again...i think it's going to be time for a new one real soon....I can't send photos on a regular basis... the Windows software is shutting down all the time...
Janie, Have you thought about pressing a fusible tricot interfacing on the batting...it is paper thin and won't add any bulk to the square...
I'm going to take a nap...I was up half the nite with DH....so far all is good..will know for sure next week.... Later guys...

QuiltE...Viking sells a mini tool kit that attaches to a vacuum hose....check it out on Husqvarnaviking.com

Last edited by Honchey; 07-29-2013 at 08:37 AM.