Thread: Pfaff machines?
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 03:40 PM
sewplease

I'm also a Bernina girl who thinks this looks like a great machine for the money. What accessories came with it? Also, how wide is the throat or harp? I've looked at it but can't remember. Thanks.

Originally Posted by aborning View Post
I will admit that I have been a Bernina lover for a long time. But recently, I heard about the Pfaff with thebuilt in walking foot and tested the Pfaff machines. Just this month I purchased a Pfaff Ambition Essential. Justt the basic model. There are two more Ambition Essential machines with more bells and whistles but I was mostly concerned with the built in walking foot to use if for straight stitch piecing because I was sick of having to use pins to keep my fabric layers together. I have not used it alot yet but so far I love it. It works wonderful. This Pfaff model is on sale this month for $599 (the MSR price is $899). I feel it is a very good machine for $599 and would highly recommend it if you are looking for something without a lot of bells and whistles. And I love the needle threader on it.--It works better than the needle threader on my Bernina machines.