View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 04:15 PM
oldpiglady

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief View Post
It is beautiful, just like your sentiment of paying it forward. I'm sorry, this is the first I've heard about your loss, fires are so terribly devastating and especially cruel to our four legged loved ones who are so very susceptible to the ravages of fire. God bless, I know the little guys are watching from heaven. Your quilt will warm your friend from the heart out.
thank you. I miss my pets so much...I still cry everyday. I could hear my one kitty crying out from under the couch. But I couldn't get to her. That still haunts me. Spent 7 weeks in the hospital from my burns. 4 days on life support. Didn't realize that until today. Doctor told me. But I have a "new" buddy. She is a Chi-weenie" 12 lbs. Part chihuahua and part dachsund. Bundle of loving energy.
She is named after one the fireman that saved me. His name is Michael...so she is named Michaela. Just a bouncing ball of happiness. She is a rescue. I still cry for original "puppy" but she takes the sting out of it. God gave us pets for a reason. I believe that.