View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 06:55 PM
MdmSew'n'Sew

Default Babyish just not my style

I don't do cutsie or babyish very well, so I make quilts that they will grow into, not outgrow

This one for Emily is something she will be able to use for many years, I love all the wonderful colors in the batiks and the texture of the raw-edge applique
[ATTACH=CONFIG]427056[/ATTACH]

And since Julian's mom is from Japan, I just had to go with Obento (Bento Box to you Gaijins) - Junko's family loved the quilt when they saw it on their visit last year
[ATTACH=CONFIG]427059[/ATTACH]

I even went online and found out how to write Julian in katakana, a phonetic-type Japanese writing and put it on the label -
[ATTACH=CONFIG]427061[/ATTACH]

Both Emily and Julian will be using these quilts for some time, I hope they wear them out, because I don't want my quilts used for a few months and then put away as 'too babyish'. I'm glad there are people out there who make the baby quilts because there are people who want them, but it's not my style - I never even used baby talk with my kids when they were little ... like I said, not my style.
Attached Thumbnails emilys-quilt-front-2-.jpg   julians-quilt-front-2-.jpg   label-julians-quilt-2-.jpg