View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 03:05 AM
117becca

Originally Posted by QltrSue View Post
I have two upcoming projects for family members that need to be made from neutrals, per their requests. Need advice how to proceed. My favorite style is usually country colors, deep tones and lots of contrast, like dark colors with light backgrounds. I'm thinking lighter neutrals with less contrast, so a "quieter"look for them. But I'm confused because I don't want it too "bland". Can you help point out some things to keep in mind as I select the neutrals I need to use? Thanks for your ideas!
I know EXACTLY what you mean!!!! I am not a "neutral gal" and it was very very hard for me to put my current project together. What I visualized and what reality was were two vastly different things!!!

My piece of advice would be to only buy enough fabric to make a couple samples of the blocks to put together so that you can see how it will look once completed. It took me a couple times to get it "right" and I have all this extra fabric - that I'm sure i'll eventually use, but i'm not really interested in making my stash any larger.

Fabric is too expensive to make a 5-10 yd "oops - this doesn't work"