Old 07-30-2013, 06:16 AM
Prism99
Power Poster

Here's my dilemma. There's a pattern from a magazine on eBay that I looked at before, didn't bid on it, and it went unsold. Kicked myself for not spending the $5 and looked for it a long time. Now it is back, but someone else has placed a bid on it. (I use auctionstealer to snipe at the last minute.)

I could re-create this quilt on my own, given graph paper and a little time, but in reality -- considering the thousands of patterns I already have sitting on my bookcase shelves -- I will probably never actually make the quilt. Even with the pattern, I would make certain changes in the pattern to suit myself. However, it would be easier if I had the original pattern -- especially a good sized photo and diagram.

The pattern's really cute, but I keep seeing a grandma in the bid already on eBay who has decided this is the perfect quilt for her grandchild. And I don't have a grandchild. I feel like I'm going to grab it out of her hands. And maybe for nothing, if I never make the quilt. But then maybe she will never make the quilt. This pattern will probably not come up again anytime soon because it is pages from a magazine.

Sometimes I think too much........