View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 06:43 PM
VickiM

Originally Posted by sahm4605 View Post
I found that if I stick to the at least 2 fabrics from my stash then I have not as big of a fabric situation. unless there is a special one for a specific reason. I do have a scrap hording problem. I have a ton of batik scraps of all sizes I have not used yet. need to get rid of them. probably have 5 or so gallon ziploc bags full worth.
I AM DEFINATELY A HOARDER!!! I admit it. But the last couple of years have bought very little as compared to what I used to buy. I like shopping from my stash. I make lots of charity quilts. I also make lots of other things as I do craftshows...about 8-10 a year. So I also have fabrics other than quilting cottons. But I have found these last couple years that I get more pleasure working with scraps (for quilts, runners, purses & booth items)...& shop the stash to go along with the scraps. Here's an idea for your batik scraps...I like to make BOM's from different sites out of scraps & then shop the stash for sashing, border, background to pull it all together. Here's a BOM from Persimmon Quilt website a couple years ago done just with my batik/blender scraps & a creamy blender from the stash to pull it all together. Most of my scraps get used alot doing it this way. I just finished quilting & binding this one.
Attached Thumbnails persimmons-quilts-bom-scrap-batiks-ufo.jpg