Old 07-30-2013, 07:03 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

I like your baby quilt, Carrie. It has lots of color. Thank you for your nice words about my sewing room. We installed lights in excess when we built, only to discover our old eyes needed more light. Unfortunately, Home Depot seems to have discontinued that hanging light over the sewing machines. We did built in a lot of light in our kitchen as well with double sinks that we love. Island sinks are very helpful with canning or dressing out turkeys and chickens...and taking the West side sinks in also saves a lot of time. Now our goal is to build a sink outside the house to use to wash off veggies and fruit and equipment for chickens, etc.

Bees do come visit our homestead quite often; fruit trees in bloom in the spring, flowers in their seasons, and the garden herbs and spices in the garden seem to attract 'nice' bees...that do not sting me. Since I am allergic to bee stings and insect bits, and they seem to love me, I have quite a time outside the house. Tomatoes are beginning to ripen; tomorrow I pick up another 10 ears of corn to work up. Have to replace both vehicle keys since dh lost his set of keys in the garbage last week. I love the block, Anne, that you made. It found a good home. I love getting the unexpected; its like getting Christmas the year around. What ever the group wants to do, that is fine with me...I am still thinking about them.