View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 08:59 PM
star619

Originally Posted by Murphy1 View Post
I can't believe how much fabric I have gathered over the 6 years I have been quilting. I do not want my fabric to end up in an estate sale at some point. I have decided to use what I have and I really like scrappy quilts, so that is my focus.
Having fabric in the garage and pantry is not a good thing. the garage has it in cupboards, carts and plastic drawers - way too much. The pantry has 4 bins full. Yes, I need to use it before adding to the stash. I have even decided to use piecing as a way of using it up for backing a quilt.
Wow, 6 years sounds like an infant collector! I've been collecting fabrics since the mid-1980'S. True, I have made a lot of quilts & I have given much away (& I need to give more), but isn't there a total fascination with beautiful fabrics - the print/ the "hand" (feel)/ the possibilities? Yes, we need to reign ourselves in sometimes, but, of all the vices in the world, isn't this one of the more harmless ones? It's not breaking up families (hopefully), it's not pointless - it's a creative outlet, and it's not selfish - think of all the people who benefit from the generosity of quilters! I say: " Carry on!"