Old 07-30-2013, 11:00 PM
manicmike

Originally Posted by frudemoo View Post
I know, I know... "Those in glass houses......."
... get really hot in Summer. Yes, I could sew up a storm and be really comfortable living in my car

Have to also share a (true) story from the beginning of this month. A friend of mine organised to visit on a Sunday morning after the meeting of his scooter club, in order to get my 1957 Lambretta started.
So, eight people turn up: six men and two of their wives. After getting the beast (ha ha) working, we're all chatting away. I mentioned to the guy who started the scooter about my sewing machines. Another guy turned around and said "sewing machines?". Seems all but one of them were *very* interested in old sewing machines, and most of them could sew. We went inside and marvelled at all the lovely old machines, spoke of the decals and different models etc.
The women did that disinterested eye-roll thing, normally reserved for when men are standing around looking at cars. One of the guys actually suggested having a day where we all come over to his house, do a bit of sewing, he'll cook lunch, talk about scooters...

This really happened, and if the meeting eventuates, I'm taking a camera (nobody will believe it otherwise).

Mike