Old 07-31-2013, 04:10 AM
DustysMomma

It's nice to have him home. He managed to bring home a big groin boil with him though, so that's part of why we ended up sprawled on the couch for dinner and Ocean's 11, and in bed at 9:30. Poor guy has 2 meetings today 5 hours apart & then has to drive to Atlanta tonight for meetings all day tomorrow. I can't remember if he comes home tomorrow or the next day. Then, 2 weeks from Friday he's off to Korea for a week. I think that's his last conference until late September, which I think is in California.

Brat, here's the Thai dish I made last night, always a hit:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/thai-ca...en/detail.aspx

I always double the amount peanut butter though, so the peanut flavor is a little more pronounced. Tonight it's easy peasy Swedish meatballs. I use frozen meatballs and this sauce, but leave out the rosemary:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-sw...ce/detail.aspx

I wish we had a decent Italian place here. We have two, but they're mediocre at best, especially after you've been to Italy and had the real thing. We used to have a Johnny Carino's, then it shut down and they opened a Milano's in that building, but it closed too. Both were chains. Milano's portions were huge, and the food was good. There's still one open close to my best friend's house, which I didn't know about until Saturday. It'd be worth the 25 minutes each way to get some decent Italian! Anyway, that building now has a place called Ozzio's Pizza, which also has some pasta dishes as well. They haven't been open long, but the 1 time we went there, Dusty had chicken alfredo, the man had pizza, and I had calzone, and I won the "who has the best food" competition because the pizza dough didn't have enough flavor for a thin crust.

I've been intentionally putting off posting the new swap, I admit it. I don't want the shipping deadline to conflict with another long swap. I also think that the 2 month period to work on the projects for this swap is too long, so too easily forgotten, but haven't had the opportunity to discuss that with Patrice yet. I'll try to work on that this weekend.