View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 10:56 AM
DonnaFreak

Default My First Art Quilt!

Howdy y'all :c)

A very sweet man that I have worked with for the past 6 1/2 years is retiring, and today was his last day. Whenever you ask him how he is, he says, "Well I'm just groovy! How are you?". And he's always telling people, "Have a groovy day!". I was on Facebook a couple of months ago and saw a drawing on there that I just KNEW would be perfect for Mark's quilt! I followed it for the most part, but added my own touches here and there.

I started with white cotton sheeting and used a method I saw recently on "Quilting Arts" which uses acrylic ink to color the background. The elongated shapes, the peace signs, and the letters are appliqued fabric, and the rest of the designs are painted on using fabric paint or acrylic ink. I started following the wavy lines at the bottom to do the quilting, and incorporated that throughout the rest of the quilt. Not only was this my first art quilt, but it was the first time I had quilted anything using any method other than SID. This was the most fun I've ever had making a quilt! :c)

Donna
Attached Thumbnails marksquiltfinished.jpg