View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 10:14 PM
alaskasunshine

I have so many but top of the list is my last conversation with my mom before she died. She shared with me things she kept silent about her young life during the war in Germany. She had no idea the gift she gave me that day. Watching and hearing her say the things she did, has forever changed my life. It helped me understand why she was so hard and seemingly insensitive. Oh how wrong I was. I sure do miss her. She was a strong woman. Did I say I miss her?!
Our son sent me a helium balloon for my first mothers day when he was gone to college away for the first time. He carefully packaged it and told me to call him when I got the mail. So I did and he said open it up with him on the phone in the CAR. Don't use a knife, he said only hour hand. When I opened it up it floated up to the ceiling in my car and I sobbed and sobbed. He also dedicated his senior recitle to me when he was graduating from college with a degree in music. He sang "It is well"
Our daughter, Made me a bracelet that she said had my name on it. She gave it to me when I was getting ready to leave for surgery (I was gone for 2 months) My bracelet said "MOMMA". When I asked her why she put MOM on it she said cuz you are my MOMMA! You guessed it I sobbed like a baby.
My husband has and always is loving. ..We were dirt poor and we were going out for "date night" We had a dog named Kobuk and this night he said try to guess where we are going tonight? I had no idea. He said it is a word you say daily...I had no idea. Well long story short. he took us to "the Kobuk" a tiny diner, and we didn't even have the money for 2 cups of coffee and 2 pieces of pie so ...we bought 1 cup of coffee & 1 slice of pie. We shared it all and had a wonderful time. One of my sweetest memories. He is so thoughtful!